Google

Friday, October 27, 2006

Feathery Frantic

There I was having my usual alone time in the bathroom (think I'll spare you the detail) when a desperate plea of "BIRD.....BIRD....!" disrupted my time at the 'throne'.

Without further ado, went to check out what the whole commotion was all about. Rushing in came Poops and the Dog, Queenie. Both escaping into the room with pure fright on their faces. I can fully understand if Poops was getting sissy-fied over the bird in the house but THE DOG??? Definitely not guarddog material here.

Anyways, went out to the living area, saw this mynah/crow just flying around the apartment, looking for an avenue to escape. Frantically flapping its wings and bumping it's sorry head on the ceiling, leaving behind blood stains all over it. Mind you, when they say 'BIRD BRAINS', I think they mean it. So, there I was with my umbrella opened, trying my best to shoo away the stupid crow, and there it was just flying from one end of the ceiling to the other. Argh.

I even thought of using bait to lure it out of the window, but thinking it through, don't think a terrified bird could stomach any scraps. Finally, following a tactical twist of the brolly, the darn bird finally made it's way out of very opened and visible sliding door.

Morale of the episode was:

1)Birds indeed are stupid
2)You can forget about Poops with dealing with birds...I fear what her reaction will be in an emergency situation.(e.g. just hide in the cupboard and not come out while the fire is raging in the house)
3)You can forget about the Dog guarding your house. (darn dog was well away from the scene of me chasing the bird away the whole time-hiding itself somewhere)
4)Don't buy 4D because you think this is a rare occurance-I didn't strike.
5)I just realised my pest/animal control talents- COuld I be the next Steve Irwin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home